Thursday, September 16, 2010

My first Solo

My first solo came as no suprise to me. My instructor told me the day that I would be doing my first solo days before so I was prepared. All I had to do was pass my pre-solo written exam. I showed at Stellenbosch Flying club on the 12th of January 2010,passed the exam with 80% and had the pre-flight briefing. We took off,did a normal circuit,a flapless circuit,and a simulated engine failure circuit. We landed,taxied to the holding point,my instructor wished me luck and hopped out. I performed all the necessary pre-takeoff checks and runups. I taxied onto the runway,did the last checks and performed the radio call "Stellenbosch traffic,Lima-Sierra-November taking off runway one nine,remaining in the circuit".I gave LSN full throttle and watched the speed come alive.At 60 knots I eased the stick back and lifted off.I was airborne. The rest of my solo went by as a normal circuit except It seemed a bit more lonely up there. I ended off my first solo with an extremely smooth landing and taxied back to hanger.I had gone solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment